The Dog zodiac personality & meaning
The Dog Zodiac Personality & Meaning. Honest, faithful and sincere. Respect tradition, value honor, and enjoy help... Read now only at Myhoroscopesfortoday.com!
The Dog Zodiac Sign
Dog motto is
Basic Astrology Elements
- Character & Symbol: 狗, gǒu (戌)
- The Five Elements: Earth
- Yin Yang: Yang
- Lunar Month: Ninth
- Lucky Numbers: 3, 4, 9; Avoid: 1, 6, 7
- Lucky Flowers: rose, oncidium, cymbidium, orchid
- Lucky Colors: green, red, purple; Avoid: blue, white, gold
- Season: Autumn
- Closest Western Zodiac: Libra
Years And The Five Elements People born within these date ranges can be said to have been born in the "Year of the Dog", while also bearing the following elemental sign: The following is also a chart of the dates of the Gregorian calendar, of those born in the year of the Dog.
|Start date||End date||Heavenly branch|
|14 February 1934||3 February 1935||Wood Dog|
|2 February 1946||21 January 1947||Fire Dog|
|18 February 1958||7 February 1959||Earth Dog|
|6 February 1970||26 January 1971||Metal Dog|
|25 January 1982||12 February 1983||Water Dog|
|10 February 1994||30 January 1995||Wood Dog|
|29 January 2006||17 February 2007||Fire Dog|
|16 February 2018||4 February 2019||Earth Dog|
|2 February 2030||22 January 2031||Metal Dog|
|22 January 2042||9 February 2043||Water Dog|
Personality of the Dog
- Honest, faithful and sincere
- Respect tradition, value honor, and enjoy helping people.
- Very righteous, and against injustice
- Not good at socializing with friends, are intelligent, caring and good listeners.
- Has the most profound sense of duty.
- Very reliable in keeping secrets. Never gossip.
- Agreeable companions - when they are in good mood.
- But when panic strikes, they can turn nasty, and bark till tired.
- Lead themselves by emotional instability and eternal anxiety.
- Can be judgmental, defensive and picky if being rubbed in the wrong way
- Born old and get younger as they age.
- They take everything very serious. You may hear the Dog complains about anything, but as he gets older, the less he takes his own criticisms seriously.
- In a relationship, the Dog is always the giver. Honest and straightforward in love
Chinese Astrology: The Dog
In Chinese Astrology being born under a certain year assigns you to a certain animal. To be born under the sign of the Dog the years start with 1910, 1922, 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006, 2018, 2030, 2042.
Being born under the sign of the Dog would mean the person is very loyal. Loyal in all aspects of life such as work, relationships, and even loyal to the products they buy.
They are very faithful people as well, and in the same respects as their loyalty. Being honest runs deep with in the Dog's traits. Under this sign, these are usually the types of people that you can tell are telling a fib by the look on their face. They have a keen sense of what is right and wrong. When entering any type of situation they usually know if it will be a good or bad one. Following those instincts often times keep the Dog out of trouble.
The Dog tends to be a temperamental person and can be moody at times. The mood swings can be very noticeable at times and people tend to stay away during most erratic swings. They are not very social people and like to stay at home more than anything. Being discreet is important to them. In most cases they believe what goes on in their life and in their work is very private. If a Dog would let you into their personal life, they would expect the same from the other person. They can be very good listeners, which the Dog would be a good person to confide in. Having good ethics get them far in life, on the large scale. Although their un-trusting nature gives them trouble in the long run.
Romantic relationships are hard with a Dog. They tend to have irrational fears with them. They become very anxious from the get go in a relationship which usually leads to trouble. They have very high standards and this leads to trouble as well. While establishing relationships, on a romantic level as well as a friendship level the high standards could be a turn off.
The best match however in love relationships for the Dog would be the Tiger or the Horse.
Chinese Zodiac Dog Compatibility
Best Match: Dog, Tiger, Horse
Average Match: Pig, Rabbit, Goat, Snake, Rooster, Ox, Monkey, Rat
No Match: Dragon
When all is well and the sheep are safely in the barn, Dogs are attentive, well meaning, helpful, warm-hearted, altruistic, modest, devoted, philosophical, dutiful, discreet, intelligent and enthusiastic.
But when panic strikes (at least once a day) Dogs can turn nasty, mean-spirited, disagreeable, bad-tempered, self-righteous, judgmental, quarrelsome, accusing, nervous, anxious and impossible to live with.
More About Dog Just For You
Don't Know Your Horoscope Sign?
USE THE FORM BELLOW TO FIND YOUR ZODIAC SIGN NOW!