The Rat zodiac personality & meaning
The Rat Zodiac Sign
Rat motto is
Basic Astrology Elements
- Character & Symbol: 鼠, shǔ (子)
- The Five Elements: Fire
- Yin Yang: Yang
- Lunar Month: Eleventh
- Lucky Numbers: 2, 3, 6, 8; Avoid: 4, 5, 9
- Lucky Flowers: Lily of each and every species
- Lucky Colors: gold, blue, green; Avoid: yellow, brown
- Season: Winter
- Closest Western Zodiac: Sagittarius
Years And The Five Elements People born within these date ranges can be said to have been born in the "Year of the Rat", while also bearing the following elemental sign: The following is also a chart of the dates of the Gregorian calendar, of those born in the year of the Rat.
|Start date||End date||Element|
|5 February 1924||23 January 1925||Wood Rat|
|24 January 1936||10 February 1937||Fire Rat|
|10 February 1948||28 January 1949||Earth Rat|
|28 January 1960||14 February 1961||Metal Rat|
|15 February 1972||2 February 1973||Water Rat|
|2 February 1984||19 February 1985||Wood Rat|
|19 February 1996||6 February 1997||Fire Rat|
|7 February 2008||25 January 2009||Earth Rat|
|25 January 2020||11 February 2021||Metal Rat|
|11 February 2032||30 January 2033||Water Rat|
Personality of the Rat Zodiac
- Charming, intelligent and aggressive
- Expressive, may be a little bit talkative
- Self-contained and keep problems to themselves.
- Never confide in anyone.
- Confident and usually have good instinct
- Stubborn as they are, they prefer to live by their own rules rather others
- Won’t be an easy to work with because they are also 100% perfectionists.
- Very organized and talented- good businessman or politician
- Sometimes mean, narrow-minded and suburban in outlook
- As soon as the rat earns money, he spends it.
- Careful when he lends money to others
- Not romantic, but he is sensual and loving.
- Could be hard to see through at first glance, because they are also very protective, but even though they are not easy but they are worth it - ask anyone who has a rat fora lover, parent, child or friend
- Have more acquaintances than real friends and they revere and cherish those close to them.
- Perpetual discontent and insistence on living for the present moment
- Very loyal and devoting to their families.
Chinese Astrology: The Rat
The Rat in Chinese Astrology is an interesting person. Here is more about their personality type and what year to be born under to have this sign.
In Chinese Astrology each of the animal signs are born in a certain year. That is the method used to define which sign goes with each person. The sign of the Rat are the following years to be born under, starting with 1900, 1912, 1924, 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, and ending with 1996. When a person is born at any time during one of these years, they are classified as a Rat in Chinese Astrology.
There are many characteristics of being born a Rat. They are people known to have excellent taste. They will go out and buy the best of everything; best in quality and in what looks good to other people. Right along with this aspect they like to flaunt that they spend money to have extravagant belongings. Rat’s tend to be clever people, finding ways to easily get out of a bad situation, or wiggle their way into a situation that would prove profitable. Also know to have lots of friends, and it is possibly due to the fact they are known to be very charming as well as loyal to friends and family members.
Along with the Rat’s good taste and big spending habits, they tend to be very greedy people. They can also prove to be quite selfish in the hunt for things they want. A Rat can be very quick-tempered and can lead to saying things they will later regret. Being verbally witty, they can be a fun person to talk to, but can also keep an argument heated for long periods of time.
In knowing a Rat or getting to know them, a person will find they will either love or hate them. Their personality type allows nothing in-between. They tend to be the type of person that never throws anything away, and have a cluttered living space. Being born under the sign of the Rat would mean the person loves a good challenge, whether in sports or in pursuing a mate. They seem to have the persona of always being exciting. A Rat in the love situation is most compatible with the Dragon.
Chinese Zodiac Rat Compatibility
Best Match: Rat, Dragon, Monkey
Average Match: Snake, Rooster, Ox, Pig, Rabbit, Goat, Dog, Tiger
No Match: Horse
The Sunny Side:
Rats are charming, protective, compassionate, communicative, dynamic, familial, thrifty, skillful, sober, upright, attractive, idealistic, prosperous, experimental, talented, adaptable, open-minded, brilliant entrepreneurs.
Your Darker Moments:
Rats may wax verbose, become possessive, picky, defensive, excessive, addictive, fickle, stingy, bumptious, bossy, exploitive, anxious, argumentative, opinionated, overbearing and downright self-obsessed.
More About Rat Just For You
Don't Know Your Horoscope Sign?
USE THE FORM BELLOW TO FIND YOUR ZODIAC SIGN NOW!