The Dragon zodiac personality & meaning
The Dragon Zodiac Sign
Dragon motto is
Basic Astrology Elements
- Character & Symbol: 龙/龍, lóng (辰)
- The Five Elements: Wood
- Yin Yang: Yang
- Lunar Month: Third
- Lucky Numbers: 1, 6, 7; Avoid: 3, 8, 9
- Lucky Flowers: bleeding-heart vine, larkspur
- Lucky Colors: gold, silver, yellow; Avoid: blue, green
- Season: Spring
- Closest Western Zodiac: Aries
Years And The Five Elements People born within these date ranges can be said to have been born in the "Year of the Dragon", while also bearing the following elemental sign: The following is also a chart of the dates of the Gregorian calendar, of those born in the year of the Dragon.
|Start date||End date||Element|
|22 January 1928||9 February 1929||Earth Dragon|
|8 February 1940||26 January 1941||Metal Dragon|
|27 January 1952||13 February 1953||Water Dragon|
|13 February 1964||1 February 1965||Wood Dragon|
|31 January 1976||17 February 1977||Fire Dragon|
|17 February 1988||5 February 1989||Earth Dragon|
|5 February 2000||23 January 2001||Metal Dragon|
|23 January 2012||9 February 2013||Water Dragon|
|10 February 2024||28 January 2025||Wood Dragon|
|28 January 2036||14 February 2037||Fire Dragon|
Personality of the Dragon
- Noble animal symbol of theChinese emperors
- Born leaders and masters of ceremonies
- Get things started and keep them moving
- Feisty and gifted with power and luck
- Born monarchs, their power is indisputable.
- Idealists, perfectionists,they are born thinking they are perfect and they are inflexible.
- Aggressive and determined,going after whatever they want
- Hunger for power
- Not well suited to get old
- Irritable and stubborn, often big mouths with their words outrunning their thoughts
- Influential to others with smart opinions and good advice
- Over-proud and lose temper easily
- Dauntless, dynamic and delightful
- Seldom listen to others
- Dictatorial. They hate orders unless given by them
- Terrible snobs. Although money is not always the object, wealth, prestige, rank and splendor slavishly impress them.
- Gifted, intelligent, tenacious,willing and generous. They can do anything and will be a success wherever they go.
- Often loved. Frequently the cause of some drama of despair.
- Lady dragons are surrounded by admirers.
Chinese Astrology: The Dragon
In Chinese Astrology being born during a certain year will make you born unto a sign of an animal. The Dragon is born under the years, starting with 1904, 1916, 1928, 1940, 1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, and ending with the year 2000.
The Dragon is the most powerful sign in Chinese Astrology. It has so much power because of the characteristics it is born with. The Dragon is a very giving person. They give almost too much. Giving advice is a Dragon’s cup of tea. Thinking they have a lot of knowledge leads them to give advice freely. Although in a lot of cases, the Dragon's advice should be taken with a grain of salt. Being patient is of their nature, and they are very smart people, so advice goes along well with them. Popularity is a big part of a Dragon’s life. The center of attention is usually where you will find a person born under this sign. They can easily influence others with their antics.
Being a natural leader, the Dragon is a good motivator to all people. The Dragon is they type of person that will be waiting for opportunity to knock. Intelligence runs within the Dragon as well. They can excel in business as well as school. With this gift they have the potential to achieve a great wealth. A Dragon enjoys giving orders, which would indicate they would be a great boss in a place of work. Although, Dragons need to learn to better balance things in their life. Concentrating too much on one project and not expanding their horizons could be hurtful to them. They are also sore losers. Also tenacious at time, they can be the type of person to get on your nerves.
The most compatible relationship with a Dragon would be the Rat or the Monkey. Both the Rat and the Monkey need someone to take charge in their lives and the Dragon is good at taking charge. They like order and can achieve this through organization.
Chinese Zodiac Dragon Compatibility
Best Match: Dragon, Monkey, Rat
Average Match: Snake, Rooster, Ox, Pig, Rabbit, Goat, Tiger, Horse
No Match: Dog
The awesome demeanor of Dragons leaves no doubt as to how vibrant, magnanimous, charismatic, principled, self-sufficient, discriminating, compelling, thrilling, accomplished, good-hearted, healthy and prodigiously shrewd this noble creature can be.
But one tiny glimpse of the Dragon's scaly underbelly gives us a less enchanting image of our mythical hero. In their worst moments Dragons can become bombastic, dissatisfied, ruthless, demanding, opinionated, mawkishly sentimental, egocentric, defensive, power-mad, foolhardy, willful and pompous.
More About Dragon Just For You
Don't Know Your Horoscope Sign?
USE THE FORM BELLOW TO FIND YOUR ZODIAC SIGN NOW!