The Ox zodiac personality & meaning
The Ox Zodiac Sign
Ox motto is
Basic Astrology Elements
- Character & Symbol: 牛, niú (丑)
- The Five Elements: Earth
- Yin Yang: Yin
- Lunar Month: Twelfth
- Lucky Numbers: 8, 9, 3; Avoid: 6
- Lucky Flowers: tulip, evergreen, peach blossom, rose
- Lucky Colors: blue, red, purple; Avoid: white, green
- Season: Winter
- Closest Western Zodiac: Capricorn
Years And The Five Elements People born within these date ranges can be said to have been born in the "Year of the Ox", while also bearing the following elemental sign: The following is also a chart of the dates of the Gregorian calendar, of those born in the year of the Ox.
|Start date||End date||Element|
|24 January 1925||12 February 1926||Wood Ox|
|11 February 1937||30 January 1938||Fire Ox|
|29 January 1949||16 February 1950||Earth Ox|
|15 February 1961||4 February 1962||Metal Ox|
|3 February 1973||22 January 1974||Water Ox|
|20 February 1985||8 February 1986||Wood Ox|
|7 February 1997||27 January 1998||Fire Ox|
|26 January 2009||13 February 2010||Earth Ox|
|12 February 2021||31 January 2022||Metal Ox|
|31 January 2033||18 February 2034||Water Ox|
Personality of the Ox
- Hard-working and persistent
- Believe in themselves
- Tend to classify almost everything into two basic categories, bad and good
- Hold up their high standards and severely judge those who don’t maintain the same
- Not sociable, tend to be quiet when in a party
- Ponderous but impulsive when angry, and are capable of fearsome rages
- Observant and have remarkable memories.
- Family type
- With creativity they can succeed in the arts, a contracting business, or an estate
- Also intelligent and good at their hands
- Stubborn and dogmatic, believe in their decision and will never regret
- Very close to their families
- Often find that others fail to understand them
- Patient, and caring
- Very responsible and loyal
- Seldom jealous, except of their rights (e.g. the fidelity of a husband or a wife)
- Very family-oriented, conservative and faithful.
Chinese Astrology: The Ox
Being born a certain year in Chinese astrology means you are born under a certain animal. The Ox begins with the year 1901, 1913, 1925, 1937, 1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997, 2009, 2021 and 2033.
The Ox is a born leader. In any situation, whether in work, in a group of friends, or a school situation, the Ox takes charge. They are very dependable people which also leads them to be the head of any group. Being trustworthy is a good trait of this sign. They are often trusted with large sums of money in a business or a dark secret from a friend. Telling secrets to an Ox would be a safe assumption that it will stay a secret. Although an Ox does have trouble connecting with others. In this case, the few friends an Ox has, the better friends they are.
Being a little introverted leads to not being able to loosen up. This leads them to be the outcast of many social functions simply because they are shy people. They tend to be the type of people that will do things the right way, or they will not do them at all. In this sense however they do not lose sight of their goals. They keep track along the way who has helped them and who has not, keeping a tight rein on enemies. People that have helped the Ox along the way will be remembered as good friends, but revenge is usually taken on the people that cause hardship. The Ox is a very smart person. Caring and honorable describe the Ox in the purest form. Ox are very hard workers and pay attention to the very smallest of details. The details may be in work, or in a relationship, which eventually leads to trouble.
In a love relationship the Ox is very picky about minuscule details. This leads to nit picking and can be a major turn off. Once a person gets to know an Ox though, they form very solid relationships. Typically the Ox desires long lasting relationships. The most compatible person to be with an Ox would be a Snake or a Rooster.
Chinese Zodiac Ox Compatibility
Best Match: Ox, Snake, Rooster
Average Match: Dragon, Monkey, Rat, Dog, Tiger, Horse, Pig, Rabbit
No Match: Goat
Outside All Is Self Contained
On the self-contained exterior, Oxen are patient, contemplative, skillful, dexterous, eloquent, confident, familiar, authoritative, industrious, sure of foot and eloquent.
But Inside ...
But... pierce the Ox's thick hide and you will find prejudice, chauvinism, blind faith, pride, tyranny, pettiness, criticism, eccentricity, bigotry, conservatism, grumpiness - and, on occasion, violence.
More About Ox Just For You
Don't Know Your Horoscope Sign?
USE THE FORM BELLOW TO FIND YOUR ZODIAC SIGN NOW!